image_pdfimage_print

Jharkhand, Odisha and Rajasthan do not meet the criteria for being accorded the special category status

Jharkhand, Odisha and Rajasthan do not meet the criteria for being accorded the special category status, while such proposal from Bihar is under consideration, Parliament was informed today. “It was found that states of Jharkhand, Odisha and Rajasthan do not qualify for grant of special category status based on an

Electricity sector in India

[source wiki] The electricity sector in India had an installed capacity of 225.133 GW as of May 2013,the world’s fifth largest. Captive power plants generate an additional 34.444 GW. Non Renewable Power Plants constitute 87.55% of the installed capacity, and Renewable Power Plants constitute the remaining 12.45% of total installed

Court says not right to punish a man for having consensual sex with girl below 18

[India Today] A Delhi court has said that if a man has consensual sex with a minor girl, he can’t be booked under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act. The observations were made as the court set free a 22-year-old man from West Bengal accused of abducting and