Analysis of IFoS Mains GK paper
|Each question worth 8 marks.||12.5 marks|
|40 marks each from History, polity, environment cum geography.||50 each from those section|
|Person in news question asked||Not asked.|
|Polity had mix of theory + current e.g. SC guidelines on acid attacks.||3 polity qs. from theory and 1 from current (min gov.max.gov)|
|unusual topics like TRP rating in India, breaking news, spot fixing||Not asked. This year pretty straight forward paper.|
|few questions from budget & economic survey||same|
- History-Culture any one of the following combo
- Geography / Environment:
- For Theory: (NIOS + NCERTs)
- For Current: newspapers.
- Polity: M. Laxmikanth for theory + Hindu / Indian express for current affairs
- Economy, Budget, Survey, Schemes: yours unfaithfully Mrunal.org/economy
- Science-Tech: Theory/contemporary: selected google e.g. Nanotech, cryo-tech + current from newspapers.
- PIN, Sports, books-awards:
should be prepared from magazines & newspapers. Because trend in
single exam =insufficient to presume that it won’t be asked in in 2015,
given UPSC’s double-bluff back-breakingTM move shown in CSAT-2014.
- Self-Notes making and minimum 3 times revision
is essential. Otherwise hard to recall points in the exam. Then even in
easy questions like Champaran & Chola-art, you’ll end up writing
average quality answers.
- Newspaper means Hindu / Indianexpress ONLY. Don’t need both. Any one would suffice for IfoS.
- Time Allowed: Three Hours (Maximum Marks : 300)
- Each question worth 12.5 marks.
- No alternate options given. All questions compulsory.
of a part/question shall be counted in chronological order. Unless
struck off, attempt of a part/question shall be counted even if
attempted partly. Any page or portion of the page
- Left blank in the Question cum Answer Booklet must be clearly struck off.
- Answers must be written in ENGLISH only.
- How did Buddhism influence Asoka in decision making and governance?
- Discuss the efforts and strategy of Akbar towards social harmony.
- Describe the salient features of Chola art.
- Assess the importance of Champaran Satyagraha.
- Discuss the objectives of Prime Minister’s Jan-Dhan Yojana. What challenges do you foresee in its implementation?
- What are the reasons for persistent high rate of food inflation in India?
- Explain demographic dividend and its relevance to India.
- Discuss the recommendations of Rangarajan Panel on the estimates of poverty in India.
- What do you understand by Environmental Impact Assessment and Social Impact Assessment?
the causes of the recent devastating floods in Jammu and Kashmir. How
do they compare with those of Uttarakhand disaster last year?
- What do you understand by soil erosion Discuss its causes.
- What are wet-lands? Discuss their importance.
3 out 4 questions can be solved from Indian Policy by M.Laxmikanth
- How is the federal, structure of the Indian Constitution ensured?
- Explain the Right of Constitutional Remedies given in the Indian Constitution.
- How is a Money Bill different than a Financial Bill?
- What do you understand by `minimum government and maximum governance’?
- Comment on Israel-Palestinian conflict.
- Write a note on Indo-Japanese collaboration.
- Discuss the role of UNHRC in Indian perspective.
- What are the objectives of European Union?
- Comment on ‘Digital India Programme’.
- How is Indian mission of Mars different than that of other countries in recent times?
- What do you understand by Nano technology? How is it critical in context with food industry?
- How is Cryogenics different from Cryonics?
Please follow and like us: