The Ministry of AYUSH is going to launch “Mission Madhumeha through Ayurveda” on the occasion of National Ayurveda day. The Government of India has decided to celebrate National Ayurveda Day every year on the occasion of Dhanwantari Jayanti. The theme of the day will be Prevention and Control of Diabetes through Ayurveda.
The Mission Madhumeha will be implemented throughout the country through a specially designed National Treatment Protocol for effective management of Diabetes through Ayurveda.
The Ministry of AYUSH has communicated to the State Governments to take steps in this regard. The states have planned for various activities on this day by providing free Ayurvedic health care services for the patients of Diabetes by organizing health check-up camps, public lectures for creating awareness in public regarding Diabetes etc.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
Department of AYUSH
The Department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy, abbreviated as AYUSH, has the objective of education and research in ayurveda , yoga naturopathy, sidhha, homeopathy and other indigenous medicine systems.
The Government’s National AYUSH Mission has the objectives:
- To provide cost effective and equitable AYUSH health care throughout the country by improving access to the services.
- To revitalize and strengthen the AYUSH systems making them as prominent medical streams in addressing the health care of the society.
- To improve educational institutions capable of imparting quality AYUSH education
- To promote the adoption of Quality standards of AYUSH drugs and making available the sustained supply of AYUSH raw-materials.
- To provide cost effective AYUSH Services, with a universal access through upgrading AYUSH Hospitals and Dispensaries, co-location of AYUSH facilities at Primary Health Centres (PHCs), Community Health Centres (CHCs) and District Hospitals (DHs).
- To strengthen institutional capacity at the state level through upgrading AYUSH educational institutions, State Govt. ASU&H Pharmacies, Drug Testing Laboratories and ASU & H enforcement mechanism.
- Support cultivation of medicinal plants by adopting Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) so as to provide sustained supply of quality raw-materials and support certification mechanism for quality standards, Good Agricultural/Collection/Storage Practices.
At the State level, the Mission is governed and executed by a State AYUSH Society.
AYUSH or Ayurveda, Unani, Homoeopathy, Siddha has covered all aspects of programme implementation including technical assessment of requirements, manpower provisioning, capacity building, drug procurement, monitoring and evaluation so that every objective can be successfully met.
Please follow and like us: