- A panel has recommended reservation for girl students in IITs to address the issue of slump in number of female students entering prestigious institutes.
- The committee is learnt to have suggested creating up to 20 per cent supernumerary seats for girls out of the total number of seats.
- Concerned by the slump in number of girl students entering IITs, the Joint Admission Board (JAB) has set up a panel under the chairmanship of professor Timothy Gonsalves to find ways to rectify the situation in the institutes.
- The number of seats for male candidates will not be affected and this will help IITs achieve the 1 lakh target by 2020.
- Also, only candidates who have already qualified in JEE-Advanced will be considered.
Please follow and like us: